Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review, Pros & Cons
Nowadays, a high number of people prefer to do the exercises at the comfort of their houses thanks to the ever increasing number of home exercise bikes. Not only are these bikes economical, they also give you the freedom to exercise anytime of the day time or night depending on your preferences.
Of the many home bikes available, recumbent bikes are becoming very popular and one of the models that stands out among the rest is the Schwinn 270 recumbent exercise bike.
This bike has been made using the best materials and contains the best exercise features you can ever think of.
Quick Links to Info on this Page
The healthy benefits of this bike are unmatched. For instance, you can easily monitor your heart beat, heart function and heart rate as well as reduce a pound or two of extra fat. It allows you to stretch your legs as well as tone the involved legs and hand muscles.
This exercise bike can come in handy if you are one of those people who feel uncomfortable exercising in a gym full of strangers. It will allow you to exercise on the comfort of your own home, helping you to lose pounds and hence boosting your ego as well as your self-esteem.
10 Great Features
1. It comes with up to 29 different exercise programs which include 12 profile programs, 9 heart rate, 2 fitness tests, 4 user defines programs as well as a wide variety of other controls
2. It comes with a telemetry heart rate capability which monitors your heart function during your exercises. However, the bike doesn’t come with a chest strap for simplified exercises.
3. It has two different LCD displays which allow you to monitor up to 13 different exercise parameters.
4. The presence of 10 different quick keys allows each and every user to easily maneuver between different levels of exercise with the greatest ease. This means that, you can easily change your level of exercise with just a single press of a button.
5. For a smooth and quiet exercise lesson, this bike is fitted with up to 25 different levels of eddy current resistance features. These different levels are perfectly weighted along the flywheel for maximum support and smooth transition.
6. A 10 year warranty on the frame, 2 years warranty on the mechanical section, 1 year on the electrical and 90 days labor ensures that this bike has been designed with the best technology to offer maximum services and durability.
1. It comes with up to 29 different exercise programs which include 12 profile programs, 9 heart rate, 2 fitness tests, 4 user defines programs as well as a wide variety of other controls.
7. It can support up to 300 pounds of weight hence making it ideal for obese and overweight individuals.
8. A walk through frame enhances easy access to the bike during exercises.
9. A total of 6 different LED tracking lights are available. These tracking lights help keep your entire exercise in check.
For instance, when a certain exercise is done, a different LED light blinks or goes off to indicate you are past that level.
10. A three speed fan allows you to select the required speed depending on how drained or sweaty you feel.
This recumbent bike comes with friendly yet formidable dimensions. It measures a mere 64 inches in length by 27.7 inches in width as well as 49.9 inches in height. These friendly measurements make it easy for each and every person to easily use and store it. Apart from the height, length and width, a good selling point of this bike is the fact that it weighs a mere 39.3 kilograms which makes it easy to carry it from one point to another in case you prefer one location to another.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review, Pros & Cons
What’s Good About It?
- It’s easy to assemble this bike thanks to an easy to use menu. It actually takes less than 2 hours to completely assemble it just in case you are doing the assembling alone.
- Unlike other recumbent bikes that produce noisy sounds, this bike doesn’t. This may be attributed to the fact that it has been manufactured using the best and latest technology.
- Regardless of your height or weight this bike has been designed to perfectly accommodate you. You can adjust the seat to suit your preferences. The bike can also hold up to 300 pounds of weight comfortably.
- Ready to use MP3 player, an ipod and kindle fire connection option gives you the freedom to listen to music while doing your exercises. As a matter of fact, you don’t need any extra accessories to connect your audio gadgets to the machine.
- Unlike other bikes which come with permanent adjustments, this recumbent exercise bike comes with adjustable knobs which allow you to either lift it or simply lower it to get even with the floor.
- Its attractive nature and design are also a tick when purchasing and using this exercise bike.
- It comes with a dual display unit which allows you to watch a movie with your kindle fire as well as track your daily progress.
- Once you are done with your exercises, you don’t have to manually switch the bike off. All you have to do is exit the machine and it shuts itself off automatically.
What’s not so Good?
- Some users may find the LCD display too bright for them especially when using the bike during the night. A big disadvantage is also the fact that you can’t readjust the brightness of the display.
- The fan doesn’t produce maximum power. Though not each and every consumer will agree to this, the fan can’t be compared to the regular house fans which are much stronger.
- Unlike other recumbent bikes which have water bottles located at the front within a user’s reach, this bike has its own bottle holders located at the back besides the seat. This may be a disadvantage to some users who may find it unconvincing to keep turning back to grab their water bottles.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review Summary
Though this bike has been designed for exercise purposes, the presence of medically approved parameters clearly indicates its wide use in maintaining a proper physical body. Many health practitioners always encourage exercises as a way to promote proper well-being and live a healthy comfortable life.
Due to its leg pedals, this bike can be used to stretch and make leg muscles stronger especially to people who have undergone surgical procedures. In short, this bike can be used for physiotherapy purposes. Recumbent bikes are the best yet simple exercise machines to always have in your house.
The Schwinn 270 has been created for each and every person who requires a “gym” at home. Whether you want to trim a pound of weight or simply tone up your muscles and body, this recumbent bike has been designed rightfully for you. So if you are looking towards getting a well toned body or simply losing a pound or two of fat, consider purchasing the Schwinn 270 recumbent exercise bike.